Monday, May 4, 2009

I Am So Going Back!

I have been wanting to put down these thoughts into writing. Let me do it now.

So far, there are only two women I have met through my social networking who are so sincere when they say they are contented with being stay-at-home-mothers. One has her down moments at times but I think it's mostly financial. But she is generally a happy well-rounded person. She takes care of herself, her family and her home very well.

The other one is someone everyone loves because her sincerity is just so real. She loves what she is doing as a home keeper. There's no mean bone in this woman.

I love these two girls!

The others, unfortunately, pretend. I am not saying they are bad persons. But, come on, girls! You love working but you're stuck at home. I feel that these kinds of women think they are missing a lot. They think it's really cool to be a career mom. It is for me! Because I need to work and yes, I love to be out there rubbing elbows and kick ass with the rest of my colleagues. But see, at least you can afford to stay home and let your husbands do all the hard work. Right now, I can't have that.

These moms get all giddy telling the whole world their calendars are full. They think it's so cool to be busy. I just feel that sometimes they coax themselves that it's great to stay with their kids and man the house and all that when it's evident that they want to be busy with other things too like working for example.

Admit it, sometimes your brain stagnate when you are at home all the time. You want fancy clothes too. There are women who are made to be home keepers which is just as great as women who are born to be career moms. I am the latter. I can't stay home just doing household chores. I want to do both - be a home keeper and continue to be a career mother. Amen.

Being a stay-at-home-mom is new to me. I sometimes freak out. I feel so useless. It feels like time is passing me by. I love to be with my daughter though. I love her more than anyone else in my life. That's the best part of staying home. But I need to provide her the things she needs, and wants. That's why I need to be back in the work force.

I really need it. And I want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment