Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Aftermath


I woke up to fairly dark skies but there was no rain. The weather seems good. There are no classes until tomorrow. Relief and rescue operations continue. There are still people whose houses are submerged in water. Live feed from different news channels are on broadcast since Saturday. All social networks are updating the latest and the relief centers where people can donate and do volunteer work.

This is one great thing about the Filipinos. We mobilize in times of disaster. I want to do my share. I am worried, scared and I feel helpless. But I couldn't let these feelings stay long. I need to move. I don't have much money but we did donate a few things yesterday. I felt though they aren't much. I still feel I need to do something to help.

I am doing my own through prayers and broadcasting relevant links and announcements. I plan to go out tomorrow and see what else we can do. We just might volunteer to pack things at Sagip Kapamilya or any volunteer centers. I'll check our church.

While the metropolis is in shambles I am in my little abode. I stopped feeling helpless and tried to do the usual things I do inside the house. I don't want to feel down because of all the activities going on and I'm just in the house monitoring everything through the computer and television. I am helping in my little way and I will still help.

I will go about doing the things I set to do while trying to help one way or another the victims of this biatch of a storm, Ondoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment